Information we collect
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Garden style quiz. If you take our garden style quiz we may collect Personal Information such as your full name, email address, phone number and physical address. We may also collect other information such as your garden style and plant preferences, measurements of your yard, design goals, preferences and other descriptions for the projects, photographs and videos of your yard that you may upload to the Website.
- Information you provide if you choose to register with us and set up a Water Efficient Gardens account. This information includes your name and email address. and may also include your phone number and physical address as well as billing and payment (credit card) information.
- Information you provide in response to a Water Efficient Gardens survey.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with Water Efficient Gardens, including email and Chat/Messaging. Information included in these correspondences, including email address, phone number, and any Personal Information disclosed may be collected.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services.
- Posting. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
How we use your information
We will use the Personal Information collected:
- To present our Products, Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide customer support,
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our website and our Services.
- For developing and marketing other services, provided no personal information is disclosed.
- For the management of our relationships and the administration of our Services and business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other legal purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is your information shared
We may disclose and market aggregated information about users of our Services, and aggregated information collected via our Services, that does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person, consumer or household without restriction, except if other prohibited by applicable law.
- To contractors, service providers, aggregators and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To service providers or third parties that use information for internet-based advertising as described in “Information We Collect” above.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
In some cases, we use third-party service providers as data processors to process personal information. Examples of processing include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. Personal information is collected and/or shared to the extent necessary to enable such processing. These data processors may also include other service providers that facilitate processing of information to enable the Services to function.
Personal information that you provide to us, and information about your order, may be combined with other personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources. This information may be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with third parties or service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts and with other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you.
Third Party Websites/Applications, Social Media Platforms and Software Development Kits
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other websites and applications are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties including advertising partners to collect your Personal Information to provide content that is more relevant to you.For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
Third-Party Payment Processing
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to the Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further Processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Site, Services and/or information from the advertisements on third party websites for other legal purposes as described above.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Email and Telephone Communications
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as may be required by law.
How we protect your data
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
Terms of Service
Water Efficient Garden
4285 Payne Ave., #9093
San Jose, CA 95117
“Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.